Sunday, April 27, 2014

#12 Final Summary, Reaction, and Conclusion


Finally I have received all of my surveys back! I am excited to share that my hypothesis for the most part is correct! My prediction included that the results of my survey will support my hypothesis that children of an intact family preform better academically, maintain stronger relationships with their parents, and have stronger academic expectations placed on them by both themselves and their parents. Although the results do support my hypothesis, I noticed that majority of the teens who took the survey from both intact and divorced families do not ask either of their parents for academic assistance. I did not find this reaction exceptionally surprising because I, myself so not ask my parents for academic assistance very often either. Those teens from intact families who replied that they did ask for academic assistance received it and teens from divorced families who asked for academic assistance often did not, which further supports my hypothesis. I also noticed that teens of intact families have a higher average of academic pressure placed on them from their parents in comparison to teens of divorced families. The survey also shows that all the teens surveyed of intact families plan on attending college in the future and receiving at least a bachelors degree in their field of choice. In addition to the results above I noticed that on average children of intact families have stronger relationships with both of their parents than those of divorced families. After concluding my research analysis, the results of my survey support my hypothesis! I believe the topic of maintaining an intact marriage and family is extremely important and should be further explored and stressed in our society!

No comments:

Post a Comment